May 2023 reading list
- Sludge by Cass R. Sunstein
- People Hacker by Jenny Radcliffe
- Swearing Is Good For You by Emma Byrne
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Ravenous by Henry Dimbleby
- Closer To The Edge by Leo Houlding
A quiet month of reading - a lot of time was taken with the Cape Wrath Ultra. I listened to Closer To The Edge on the drive up and back to Scotland and it was a good choice for some inspiration. Dimbleby (of Leon restaurant fame) is also excellent in Ravenous and I have a couple of other books about food supply/culture and agriculture in the UK that I’ll follow up with.
One thing I noticed when I was away in Scotland was just how few sheep there were. I suspect that’s because you can’t throw a stick around Cumbria without hitting about three of the woolly monsters. I’ve been conditioned to expect sheep to be dotting every rural landscape. Admittedly, the Cape Wrath UItra does cover some very wild ground but, still, it was noticeable.