April and May 2022 reading list and notes
Recommended: a remarkable exposé of the situation in Xinjiang.
It’s never good to apologise on blogs so I won’t go there — but it has been a while since I posted. A flurry of reading lists is coming up as I get back up to date.
- The Perfect Police State by Geoffrey Cain
- Very Bad People by Patrick Alley
- From Marathon to Ultra by Jonathan Cairns
- Stranger Faces by Namwali Serpell
- Finding Ultra by Rich Roll
- The Lost Art of Running by Shane Benzie
- Failure is an Option by Matt Whyman
- Training Essentials for Ultramarathons by Jason Koop
- Ultra Success by Anthony Rogan
No prices for guessing my interest this month. No less than 7 books about running and ultras… The other two by Cain and Alley are also highly recommended.
- In It For The Long Run by Damian Hall
- Otherlands by Thomas Halliday
- Mental Training for Ultrarunning by Addie. J. Bracy
- Still Not Bionic: Adventures in Unremarkable Ultrarunning by Ira Rainey
- The Rise of the Ultrarunners by Adharanand Finn
- Endure by Alex Hutchinson
- Why You Should Be a Trade Unionist by Len McCluskey